perl-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: [Fwd: Apache::Reload Module]
Date Sat, 14 Jun 2003 06:18:52 GMT
Steve Hay wrote:
[...]
>> If you try the version in the 2.0 package it already includes all the
>> changes that you ask for. However it won't work with 1.0 as is, since
>> it deploys the 2.0 API.
>

> Unless I'm missing something, this doesn't seem to be the case.  I've
> just downloaded the latest mp2 and checked it out.  It doesn't have a
> "UndefOnReload" option or any equivalent thereof (and it doesn't
> automatically do what that option would do all the time either).

IMHO, you don't need this option. Apache::Reload does it automatically:

   no warnings 'redefine';
   require $file;

If your module, afterwards does:

   use warnings;

it's a problem of your module. Simple replace it with:

   use warnings;
   no warnings 'redefine';

Does this work for you? Or do you think that it's better to do an explicit
symbols undef?

The only remaining problem is with constant subroutines and I have added a
special option in the current mod_perl cvs and will be available at 1.99_10.
It's documented here:
http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/api/Apache/Reload.html#Silencing__Constant_subroutine_____redefined_at__Warnings