perl-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: [mp2 Patch] Resubmitting OpenBSD related patches
Date Mon, 09 Jun 2003 08:25:30 GMT
Philippe M. Chiasson wrote:
> Dunno where they all went in the past, but as Stas reminded me, I am
> still holding off on 2 OpenBSD-related patches to make sure Apache-Test
> generates httpd.conf that will bind on IPv4 addresses. This is important
> on a platform like OpenBSD where IPv6 is prefered by default and IPv4
> mapped addresses are disabled by default.

any chance we can figure out that ipv6 like-ness is needed dynamically, so to
keep things simple for most other users? Also please test that it doesn't
break things with apache-1.3 (the simplest good test is to run the
httpd-test/perl-framework with apache-1.3).

> Also addresses the problematic and annoying warning about DL_GLOBAL in
> DynaLoader.

+1 for this one, don't forget to update Changes (and I haven't checked for tabs ;)

in the future if you can submit patches to different features separately, that
would be nice.