perl-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: Objections to a mp-1.28 release candidate ?
Date Wed, 04 Jun 2003 05:43:50 GMT
Philippe M. Chiasson wrote:
> Hello all, after discussions, I think it's now clear that mp1 is better
> off being released as-is (as close as possible), since it appears stable
> and the remaining issues in STATUS I want to tackle having more
> potential to wreak havok, were better suited for 1.29.
>
> So, having said that, I'll finish reviewing the things that changed
> sinte 1.27 was released. Report available here:
>
> http://www.apache.org/~gozer/mp1/1.27-dev/

wow, nice ;)

> Once I've been thru all that, I'll give a test spin to current CVS with
> as many Perls as I can find and would suggest making a release candidate
> for the list to test.

I have just submitted a bug report. Otherwise +1.

> Only 1 issue still not quite cleared yet. Stas suggested bundling
> Apache-Test with this release of mp1. I don't see how that could be a
> bad thing, since getting Apache-Test out there and adopted asap is a
> good thing. Any strong feelings against it? Otherwise I'd just bundle
> Apache-Test in the release candidate.

The problem is not about bundling it or not. The problem is about PAUSE. You
have to hide these files from the indexer. Otherwise it's possible that when
you do:

cpan> install Apache::Test

mod_perl 1 will be installed, or if it's installed already nothing will happen.

The same problem happens with search.cpan.org. It should find the Apache::Test
distro, not mp1.

search.cpan.org supports the new META.yaml files, however I don't think PAUSE
does that already. Currently the only way to bundle is to put files under /inc
or /t, which sucks.

> Also, one last thing of importance I guess, is anybody seeing test
> failures with current CVS of any platform ?

yes, see my bug report.