perl-dev mailing list archives

From "Philippe M. Chiasson" <go...@cpan.org>
Subject Re: [Fwd: Apache::Reload Module]
Date Thu, 19 Jun 2003 07:25:12 GMT
On Thu, 2003-06-19 at 14:01, Stas Bekman wrote:
> >>What we can do is to put it into 1.28's release and phase out its standalone

> >>package-existence. Those wanting the lastest Apache::Reload against the older

> >>packages will get it from 1.28.
> >

> > Sounds like a good idea.
> >

> >>Hopefully Philippe won't mind to include it in the 1.28 release.
> >

> > I sure do not mind. How much work is needed in order to backport it to
> > mp1? Anybody actually doing it, or is gonna have to be me ? In which
> > case I could probably get around doing it this week sometime.
>
> Looks like you are already doing it ;)

Simply trying to keep myself busy ;-)

The name is indeed misleading, ModPerl::Util::undef really onyl works on
code refs, constant or now, so maybe: ModPerl::Util::undef_code ?

> I'm leaving in 1 hour and will be away for one week, so it's all up to you
> guys how you prefer to rectify the issues if you want to release 1.28 before I
> return.

Well, feedback on the rc#1 was sparse, so I am looking at launching rc2
and try and get more feedback...

> We can always release an update for Apache::Reload on CPAN if we
> aren't happy with what 1.28 gets bundled with (of course with PAUSE probs :(

No real PAUSE problem is the Apache::Reload on CPAN has a higher version
number than what's in mp1/mp2, isnt' it ?

> Philippe if you wait till next Friday, we can release it from your place and
> then head to Orchard Rd. to celebrate ;)

Sounds like a good idea ;-)