perl-dev mailing list archives

From "Philippe M. Chiasson" <go...@cpan.org>
Subject Re: [mp2 Patch] Resubmitting OpenBSD related patches
Date Tue, 10 Jun 2003 06:27:38 GMT
On Tue, 2003-06-10 at 14:17, Stas Bekman wrote:
> Philippe M. Chiasson wrote:

> >>any chance we can figure out that ipv6 like-ness is needed dynamically, so to

> >>keep things simple for most other users? Also please test that it doesn't
> >>break things with apache-1.3 (the simplest good test is to run the
> >>httpd-test/perl-framework with apache-1.3).
> >

> > Hrm, I have looked into it, and the problem is not to figure out if the
> > system is IPv6 or IPv4 by default, but we also need to check if there is
> > support for IPv4 mapped addresses.
> >
> > At this point, I wasn't able to find a way to figure it out dynamically.
> > It sure would be nicer if we could just "figure it out"
>
> But will your change deterministically work with both?

I believe it will (untested) and I will test it.

Basically, it replaces:

Listen 80

with

Listen servername:80

And that will do the right thing both on my Linux box and my OpenBSD
box. Don't know about other *BDS flavors though.

Or if some machine is strangely configured so it's own hostname is some
non-local IP (I've seen that before)

--
Philippe M. Chiasson /gozer\@(cpan|ectoplasm)\.org/ 88C3A5A5 (122FF51B/C634E37B)