perl-dev mailing list archives

From "Philippe M. Chiasson" <go...@cpan.org>
Subject Re: [mp2 Patch] Resubmitting OpenBSD related patches
Date Tue, 10 Jun 2003 06:11:59 GMT
On Mon, 2003-06-09 at 16:25, Stas Bekman wrote:
> Philippe M. Chiasson wrote:
> > Dunno where they all went in the past, but as Stas reminded me, I am
> > still holding off on 2 OpenBSD-related patches to make sure Apache-Test
> > generates httpd.conf that will bind on IPv4 addresses. This is important
> > on a platform like OpenBSD where IPv6 is prefered by default and IPv4
> > mapped addresses are disabled by default.
>
> any chance we can figure out that ipv6 like-ness is needed dynamically, so to
> keep things simple for most other users? Also please test that it doesn't
> break things with apache-1.3 (the simplest good test is to run the
> httpd-test/perl-framework with apache-1.3).

Hrm, I have looked into it, and the problem is not to figure out if the
system is IPv6 or IPv4 by default, but we also need to check if there is
support for IPv4 mapped addresses.

At this point, I wasn't able to find a way to figure it out dynamically.
It sure would be nicer if we could just "figure it out"

> > Also addresses the problematic and annoying warning about DL_GLOBAL in
> > DynaLoader.
>
> +1 for this one, don't forget to update Changes (and I haven't checked for tabs ;)

Cool, it's in.

> in the future if you can submit patches to different features separately, that
> would be nice.

Yes, I apologize for that slipup

Philippe M. Chiasson /gozer\@(cpan|ectoplasm)\.org/ 88C3A5A5 (122FF51B/C634E37B)
http://gozer.ectoplasm.org/    F9BF E0C2 480E 7680 1AE5 3631 CB32 A107 88C3 A5A5
Q: It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenious.
perl -e'$$=\${gozer};{$_=unpack(P7,pack(L,$$));/^JAm_pH\n$/&&print||$$++&&redo}'