perl-dev mailing list archives

From "Philippe M. Chiasson" <go...@cpan.org>
Subject Re: [mp2 Patch] Resubmitting OpenBSD related patches
Date Mon, 09 Jun 2003 09:30:19 GMT
On Mon, 2003-06-09 at 16:25, Stas Bekman wrote:
> Philippe M. Chiasson wrote:
> > Dunno where they all went in the past, but as Stas reminded me, I am
> > still holding off on 2 OpenBSD-related patches to make sure Apache-Test
> > generates httpd.conf that will bind on IPv4 addresses. This is important
> > on a platform like OpenBSD where IPv6 is prefered by default and IPv4
> > mapped addresses are disabled by default.
>
> any chance we can figure out that ipv6 like-ness is needed dynamically, so to
> keep things simple for most other users? Also please test that it doesn't
> break things with apache-1.3 (the simplest good test is to run the
> httpd-test/perl-framework with apache-1.3).

Good idea, I just needed a good enough excuse to get my hands around
playing with httpd-test, so will do.

> > Also addresses the problematic and annoying warning about DL_GLOBAL in
> > DynaLoader.
>
> +1 for this one, don't forget to update Changes (and I haven't checked for tabs ;)
>
> in the future if you can submit patches to different features separately, that
> would be nice.

Well, sure thing !

Philippe M. Chiasson /gozer\@(cpan|ectoplasm)\.org/ 88C3A5A5 (122FF51B/C634E37B)
http://gozer.ectoplasm.org/    F9BF E0C2 480E 7680 1AE5 3631 CB32 A107 88C3 A5A5
Q: It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenious.
perl -e'$$=\${gozer};{$_=unpack(P7,pack(L,$$));/^JAm_pH\n$/&&print||$$++&&redo}'