perl-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Schaefer <joe+gm...@sunstarsys.com>
Subject Re: [mp2.0] Win32 ENV still not compatible with mod_cgi
Date Fri, 09 May 2003 15:36:51 GMT
Randy Kobes <randy@theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca> writes:

> On Fri, 9 May 2003 steve.sparling@ps.ge.com wrote:

[...]

> > mixed-case keys are being placed into %ENV (through the back-door)...

r->subprocess_env is an apr_table, which uses case insensitive keys.
It's perfectly legitimate for other modules to add mixed-case keys
to it.

[...]

> Thanks for that - I see that behaviour now, also. With
> Apache 2.0.45:
>
> cgi:      SSL_SERVER_S_DN_EMAIL = 'whatever'.
>           Lookup gives 'whatever'
> mod_perl: SSL_SERVER_S_DN_Email = 'whatever'.
>           Lookup gives '<undef>'
>
> With Apache 1.3.27,
>
> cgi:      SSL_SERVER_S_DN_EMAIL = 'whatever'.
>           Lookup gives 'whatever'
> mod_perl: SSL_SERVER_S_DN_EMAIL = 'whatever'.
>           Lookup gives 'whatever'

It appears mod_perl2 treats %ENV as a perl hash instead
of a (tied) apr_table (which ARE case-sensitive).

IMO that's a bug in modperl2: the offending file is
modperl_env.c, which populates a perl hash from
r->process_env instead of tying an APR::Table
to it.  Anyone know why we're doing that?

--
Joe Schaefer