perl-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Schaefer <joe+gm...@sunstarsys.com>
Subject Re: APR::Table outside of modperl-2
Date Fri, 23 May 2003 04:49:52 GMT
Stas Bekman <stas@stason.org> writes:

[...]

> though I think that we weren't careful of not using any ap_ APIs in
> APR domain (and several of those places are marked XXX), so you are
> most likely to encounter segfaults and then we have to fix those ;)
>
> here is the first one:
>
> perl-blead-ithread -MApache2 -MAPR -le 'use APR::Table; use APR::Pool; \
> $table = APR::Table::make(APR::Pool->new, 2);'
> Segmentation fault

Will do. It looks like (fingers crossed) apr is going to adopt the
needed apr_table changes (for apreq-2) this week, so I'm starting
to look at the XS stuff in modperl-2 now.  I'll be glad to help
refine the APR api as I go.

But first I've been trying to figure out how you guys are generating
the XS glue, since

  % make source_scan

isn't cutting it anymore.  Looks like you are now doing something
special with ExtUtils::XSBuilder, but I haven't quite figured it out.

--
Joe Schaefer