perl-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Schaefer <joe+gm...@sunstarsys.com>
Subject Re: [patch] C implementation of $r->content + rfc on the name
Date Mon, 19 May 2003 02:50:15 GMT
"Philippe M. Chiasson" <gozer@cpan.org> writes:

[...]

> Well, the thing that bothers me is this.
>
> My code uses $r->content and all works fine. Then I install some aaa
> handler that calls $r->content before me. All of a sudden, my existing
> code doesn't work anymore.

That's exactly why people shouldn't be using $r->content,
especially if they're coding something besides a content-handler.
Encouraging authors to pull the POST data out of the filter chain
prematurely, and maybe stuff it into a request note, is IMHO not
goodness.  Especially not for an aaa handler; it'll certainly
wind up breaking modules that are based on apreq-2.

--
Joe Schaefer