perl-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Schaefer <joe+gm...@sunstarsys.com>
Subject Re: [patch] C implementation of $r->content + rfc on the name
Date Tue, 20 May 2003 04:34:13 GMT
Stas Bekman <stas@stason.org> writes:

[...]

> Correct. But:
>
> my $req = Apache::Request->new($r);
>
> is neither SetOutputFilter and nor
> $r->add_output_filter(\&apreqfilter); in the
> user's code.
>
> my point is that it's far from obvious that Apache::Request->new() is
> really:  $r->add_output_filter(\&apreqfilter); Perhaps Apache::Request
> should make Apache::Request::filter available to users, so that they
> can configure it manually (optionally of course). new() somehow should
> be aware of that.

s/output/input/g, of course.  So we'll probably need to
XS-ify the apreq filter also, so mod_perl users who want
control over it's behavior can have it.

[...]

> will mod_apreq always be available to those who build libapreq-2?

I'm not sure how to answer that.  To use Apache::Request within
apache-2, people will need to install and load the filter module
into their httpd.conf:

  LoadModule apreq_module       modules/mod_apreq.so

Sorry, I see no way around that other than having the C library
integrated into the httpd core.  Since that seems impossible now,
apreq users will have to suffer through this apxs business,
especially if their httpd is without DSO support. In that
case, Apache::Request will require a full recompile of httpd.

--
Joe Schaefer