perl-dev mailing list archives

From David Wheeler <da...@wheeler.net>
Subject Re: resolving Apache::Test vs. Apache::test collision
Date Thu, 22 May 2003 03:03:36 GMT
On Wednesday, May 21, 2003, at 07:37  PM, Stas Bekman wrote:

> David, the latest wind is not to do anything at all with Apache-Test.
>
> Instead replace Apache/test.pm with Apache/testold.pm in the mod_perl
> distro and ask all those who use Apache::test (which should be very
> few) to re-release their packages using Apache::testold (and even
> better Apache::Test) or simply bundle Apache/test.pm in their t/ or
> inc/ subdirs (so it wouldn't get installed).

That's fine with me. You'll still have to have mod_perl 1.28 uninstall
the old test.pm, though. If you just change it to testold.pm in the
mod_perl distro, test.pm will be left alone unless it is uninstalled.

Regards,

David

http://kineticode.com/                         Yahoo!: dew7e
                                                Jabber: Theory@jabber.org