perl-dev mailing list archives

From David Wheeler <da...@wheeler.net>
Subject Re: resolving Apache::Test vs. Apache::test collision
Date Thu, 22 May 2003 00:02:16 GMT
On Monday, May 19, 2003, at 08:17  PM, Stas Bekman wrote:

> And here is a patch that will try to alert users to remove old
> Apache/test.pm if any. Probably not very useful as most will miss the
> warnings, but we can always say, "you have been warned" ;)
>
> I'm just not sure that it's a good idea to silently nuke any files at
> all.

Why not? I mean, Apache/test.pm is something that you nominally
control, right? And you're replacing it, right?

Anyway, I applied your patch. It looks like it ought to work, but it
seems to be confused. Was it supposed to be applied over the last patch
you sent? I had to dump the changes that that patch had made to
Makefile.PL because your new patch failed. The new patch applied fine
to a fresh Makefile.PL in CVS, but it doesn't work:

mercury% perl Makefile.PL
Can't locate Apache/Test.pm in @INC (@INC contains: lib
/usr/local/bricolage/lib /Users/david/dev/perl/myco/classes
/usr/local/lib/perl5/5.8.0/darwin /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.8.0
/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/darwin
/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0 /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl .)
at lib/Apache/TestRequest.pm line 8.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at lib/Apache/TestRequest.pm line 8.
Compilation failed in require at lib/Apache/TestConfigPerl.pm line 10.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at lib/Apache/TestConfigPerl.pm line
10.
Compilation failed in require at lib/Apache/TestConfig.pm line 29.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at lib/Apache/TestConfig.pm line 29.
Compilation failed in require at lib/Apache/TestMM.pm line 7.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at lib/Apache/TestMM.pm line 7.
Compilation failed in require at Makefile.PL line 14.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at Makefile.PL line 14.

Regards,

David

http://kineticode.com/                         Yahoo!: dew7e
                                                Jabber: Theory@jabber.org