perl-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: [mp1 Patch] Looking for magic in Apache->request
Date Wed, 28 May 2003 23:13:03 GMT
Geoffrey Young wrote:

>> The problem pointed out by Ken is that it would be nice to be able to
>> call
>>
>> Apache->request($hr);
>>
>> So that later call to Apache->request (by other modules) would
>> return the subclassed object.
>

> it would not only be nice, request() is documented to behave this way :)
>

>> Well, the following patch does just that. Seems fine to me but I'd like
>> to get a few more eyeballs on this one.
>

> nice work philippe :)

gozer++

> the only thing that concerns me here is the stability this may take away
> from the 1.0 tree for very little value - although stuff like
> Apache::Filter might benefit from this feature, I'm not sure that adding
> it now is worth it, since any interested modules are becoming deprecated
> in 2.0.

/me has the same concern. May be keep it in the STATUS file as an available
patch. After all there was only one request for this feature. If the patch is
available those who want it can try it and if tested enough, can enter 1.29.

regarding the patch. why do you keep both IV and SV? Also looks like you mix
usages of NULL and Nullsv for SV* values. Otherwise looks good.