perl-dev mailing list archives

From Geoffrey Young <ge...@modperlcookbook.org>
Subject Re: [mp1 Patch] Looking for magic in Apache->request
Date Wed, 28 May 2003 19:56:27 GMT

> The problem pointed out by Ken is that it would be nice to be able to
> call
>
> Apache->request($hr);
>
> So that later call to Apache->request (by other modules) would
> return the subclassed object.

it would not only be nice, request() is documented to behave this way :)

> Well, the following patch does just that. Seems fine to me but I'd like
> to get a few more eyeballs on this one.

nice work philippe :)

the only thing that concerns me here is the stability this may take away
from the 1.0 tree for very little value - although stuff like Apache::Filter
might benefit from this feature, I'm not sure that adding it now is worth
it, since any interested modules are becoming deprecated in 2.0.

now, making this happen in 2.0... :)

in any case, that's not a vote either way, just something to consider.

--Geoff