perl-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: [Fwd: Re: [STATUS] mod_perl 1.28-tobe pending issues]
Date Wed, 28 May 2003 02:15:58 GMT
Philippe M. Chiasson wrote:

> Re: [STATUS] mod_perl 1.28-tobe pending issues
> From:
> "Philippe M. Chiasson" <gozer@cpan.org>
> Date:
> 28 May 2003 09:54:21 +0800
> To:
> Silvio.Wanka@alcatel.de
>

> On Tue, 2003-05-27 at 18:35, Silvio Wanka wrote:
>
>>"Philippe M. Chiasson" wrote:
>>
>>>    * /perl/perl-status?sig dumps core under hpux 10.20
>>>					 [David-Michael.Lincke@unisg.ch]
>>>        Report: ?

>>>          useful info anyhow.
>>
>>As I have reported to perl5-porters this is not a mod_perl problem, please
>>see

>>I don't know if my patches was included into perl 5.8 because 5.6.1 runs
>>and it exists currently no urgent reasons to upgrade.
>

> Thanks for the update, I'll go ahead and remove this issue from our
> STATUS then.

we shouldn't just remove those, since this issue will still hit those with
older perls. We probably need to have a special section somewhere towards the
end of STATUS with known issues which aren't under our (mod_perl) control with
pointers to how to resolve them (e.g. in this case, upgrade perl to ...)

plus adding them to the guide's troubleshooting section would be a good idea.

Thanks.