perl-dev mailing list archives

From Ian Holsman <i...@apache.org>
Subject Re: is perl re-entrant?
Date Tue, 27 May 2003 23:37:12 GMT
Stas Bekman wrote:

> Ian Holsman wrote:
>
>> hi.
>> I just came across a really wierd problem with 5.6.1/apache2 prefork.
>>

>> I have a perl script which does/did the following
>>
>> ..
>> print "<!--#include virtual='x.pl' -->
>> ..
>>
>> now .. with straight CGI, this worked fine. but using mod-perl i get
>> some weird & wonderfull errors.. mainly when I used
>> print <<EOF
>> EOF
>>
>> for some reason.
>>
>> so.. the question.
>> is perl 5.6.1 re-entrant?
>> is 5.8 ?
>>
>> is their a option I should be setting to enable this?
>

> Ian, you provide too few details to be able to tell what could be the
> cause, please post the errors and the build details as explained here:
> http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/user/help/help.html#Reporting_Problems

I've scrubbed the source already on this ;( (as i've been trying to get
the 1.99_09 built)

I've only tried the non-threaded mpm (as I'm stuck with redhat's stock
5.6.1 perl)

the 'problem' is that there aren't any errors to print. nothing appears
in the error log file, and in this case, it *only* happened on the first
request from the browser.
on the second request the page generated fine.
sometimes when I reload the page, it also happens.

when the page fails the content of the html stops just after the output
of the perl virtual include.

I'll try to get a minimal test case going which displays the behavior
(if I can reproduce it with 1.99_09)

Thanks
Ian