perl-dev mailing list archives

From Geoffrey Young <ge...@modperlcookbook.org>
Subject Re: modperl_require_module failing silently
Date Mon, 26 May 2003 13:48:21 GMT

Stas Bekman wrote:
> Geoffrey Young wrote:
>
>> hi again
>>
>>   I'm finding it very difficult to resolve module errors without this
>> patch.
>

> Can't do that "fix", because modperl_handler_resolve calls
> modperl_mgv_resolve and handles errors by itself, sending it as a part
> of the error, which on the way logs the error. Your patch will cause the
> error to be logged twice.

hmm...

btw, why does modperl_mgv_resolve accept logfailure as an argument and then
ignore it when calling modperl_resolve_module?

> Can you show a simple case where you have this problem with? is it
> because modperl_handler_resolve is called before server has been started?

well, I'm calling modperl_callback directly from XS, specifying a module
that hasn't been loaded with PerlModule.  when the module has an error, all
I see it the "failed to resolve handler `%s'" line and not $@, which was
frustrating.  from the looks of it, this may happen any time a module is
loaded without first using PerlModule, since the only time that flag is TRUE
is when mod_perl is walking the config, right?

anyway, I guess the solution is to use PerlModule, and perhaps fix
modperl_mgv_resolve to use that passed flag instead of hardcoding the value.

--Geoff