perl-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: [mp1] s/Apache::test/Apache::testold/g
Date Sun, 25 May 2003 09:03:28 GMT
Philippe M. Chiasson wrote:
> On Fri, 2003-05-23 at 17:50, Stas Bekman wrote:
>
>>Stas Bekman wrote:

>>>so we need to rename Apache/test.pm with Apache/testold.pm and adjust
>>>all the tests.
>>
>>And also remember to add $VERSION to Apache/testold.pm, because it doesn't
>>have one now. 0.01 will do ;)
>>
>>Please log all these to the STAtuS file so we don't forget anything.
>

> How about simply applying this patch? If I understood this thread
> correctly, we just need to stop using "Apache::test" in mp1 to avoid
> clashes of all sort.
>
> # $Id: testold.patch,v 1.1 2003/05/24 10:06:24 gozer Exp $
>
> Rename Apache::test to Apache::testold

+1, plus when you add an entry to Changes, add an explanation why this change
was done:

The s/Apache::test/Apache::testold/ was done because Apache::test on
case-insensitive systems collide with Apache::Test which supercedes
Apache::test. So if you want to keep on using Apache::test, either bundle it
with your project (putting it under inc/ or t/ so it won't be installed) or
require mod_perl 1.28 and use Apache::testold instead. Of course the best
route is to port your test suite to use a much better Apache::Test which work
with mod_perl 1.0 and 2.0.