perl-dev mailing list archives

From Geoffrey Young <ge...@modperlcookbook.org>
Subject Re: allowing <Perl > sections on a per-dir level
Date Fri, 23 May 2003 16:22:12 GMT

Randal L. Schwartz wrote:

> Geoffrey>  I'm pretty sure you can put PerlModule in .htaccess
> Geoffrey> files in mp1, but I'm not sure.
>
> You can, but it sure breaks on things like Apache::Template.  You get
> Apache Core Dumps. :) That's because Apache::Template extends the cmd
> list, but doesn't do it correctly, or maybe it can't be done
> correctly.

that makes sense, due to the magical interaction between PerlModule and
directive handlers in mp1.  for mp2, I don't think there's any reason not to
allow them in .htaccess files (though they don't make sense there either
since they currently don't really do anything that Perl*Handler won't do in
terms of loading the module).  PerlLoadModule, however, would probably be
banned for the same reasons that PerlModule doesn't work in mp1 for
directive handlers.

--Geoff