perl-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: APR::Table outside of modperl-2
Date Fri, 23 May 2003 04:26:06 GMT
Stas Bekman wrote:
> Joe Schaefer wrote:
>
>> Is it possible to use APR::Table outside of modperl2?
>> I've installed the latest modperl-2 from cvs, but no
>> symbols seem to be loaded into APR::Table during use():
>>
>>   % perl -MApache2 -le 'use Apache::Table; print join ":",     keys
>> %{*APR::Table::{HASH}}'
>>   BEGIN:VERSION:import
>
> first of all s/Apache::Table/APR::Table/, second you have to preload APR
> which boots the others:

though I think that we weren't careful of not using any ap_ APIs in APR domain
(and several of those places are marked XXX), so you are most likely to
encounter segfaults and then we have to fix those ;)

here is the first one:

perl-blead-ithread -MApache2 -MAPR -le 'use APR::Table; use APR::Pool; \
$table = APR::Table::make(APR::Pool->new, 2);'
Segmentation fault