perl-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: resolving Apache::Test vs. Apache::test collision
Date Thu, 22 May 2003 02:37:56 GMT
David Wheeler wrote:
> On Monday, May 19, 2003, at 08:17  PM, Stas Bekman wrote:
>
>> And here is a patch that will try to alert users to remove old
>> Apache/test.pm if any. Probably not very useful as most will miss the
>> warnings, but we can always say, "you have been warned" ;)
>>
>> I'm just not sure that it's a good idea to silently nuke any files at
>> all.
>

> Why not? I mean, Apache/test.pm is something that you nominally control,
> right? And you're replacing it, right?

David, the latest wind is not to do anything at all with Apache-Test.

Instead replace Apache/test.pm with Apache/testold.pm in the mod_perl distro
and ask all those who use Apache::test (which should be very few) to
re-release their packages using Apache::testold (and even better Apache::Test)
or simply bundle Apache/test.pm in their t/ or inc/ subdirs (so it wouldn't
get installed).