perl-dev mailing list archives

From Geoffrey Young <ge...@modperlcookbook.org>
Subject Apache::Test renaming foo
Date Tue, 20 May 2003 23:08:13 GMT
that other thread was becoming too much to follow :)

I thought it might be a nice idea to wrap up the issues thus far
because it seems to me we have a consensus on how to resolve the
Apache::[Tt]est collision issues.

from what I can see, stas has come up with a few patches that make it
possible for Apache-Test to be distributed such that current
Apache::Test users will not need to make any interface changes.
Apache::test users will need to install/upgrade to Apache-Test 1.03 in
order to be certain that their tests will find the proper Apache::test
module on all platforms (namely OS X).  of course, this all assumes
that the tests themselves are platform independent, in which case they
would be failing anyway :)

in short, the current and documented API is remaining as is (barring
any yet unseen issues :) and only users of the current Apache::test
are affected.

does that about sum it up?

--Geoff