perl-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: [patch] C implementation of $r->content + rfc on the name
Date Mon, 19 May 2003 22:55:51 GMT
Joe Schaefer wrote:

>>Well, then what is the better solution if 2 different modules need
>>access to the POSTed data (I didn't look at how apreq handles this) ?
>

> In (the C API for) apreq-2, we inject a filter into the input chain.
> It's essentially a passive "tee":
>

> incoming POST data =>  [ap_http_filter] => ...
>
>                      ... => [apreq filter] => ... [content handler]
>                               [parser] -> [hook] -> apr_table

> The filter is only injected once per-request, and the POST data should
> available to any phase of the request.  For example, suppose an aaa
> handler needs apreq-2 to look for something in the POST data.  The
> apreq filter will first prefetch some (configurable) amount of the
> POST data, and then
>
>   1) store the raw POST data in an internal brigade,
>      so the actual content handler will be able to get it later on,
>
>   2) send a copy of whatever it got to the parser, to honor
>      the aaa handlers' request.

This is going to be a problem, btw. How users are going to trigger that "tee"?
If someone needs to read the POST data in the pre-response handler, can they
do it? What if response handler injects a new input filter? How do you ensure
that apreq is injected on the very top?

I think that by default apreq should work as before, simply sucking the POST
data on demand. Only if a user configures it as an input filter, they have to
have an explicit control over it, i.e. they have to use the mod_perl API to
insert that filter explicitly.