perl-dev mailing list archives

From Geoffrey Young <ge...@modperlcookbook.org>
Subject apache 2.0 vs 2.1
Date Wed, 14 May 2003 17:19:05 GMT
is there some generic way we want to think about integrating changes between
apache 2.0 and 2.1?

what is particularly piquing my interest (today) is the aaa stuff.  I wrote
a patch that added the different AUTH_* constants to Apache::Const, but it
clearly needs to be separated out somehow since mod_auth.h doesn't exist in
2.0.  same with ap_register_provider and some other functions that are
useful for hooking into the new aaa scheme.

so, what do we do?  not support 2.1 yet?  write in a bunch of ifdefs
surrounding the new routines?  create new routines in the generation
thingies that recognize the MMN and do the right thing?

--Geoff