perl-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: [mp2.0] Cannot complete all tests successfully on Solaris 8
Date Wed, 07 May 2003 22:47:01 GMT
Bruce Schuck wrote:
> "Philippe M. Chiasson" wrote:
>

>>On Wed, 2003-05-07 at 05:52, Bruce Schuck wrote:
>>
>>>I have been having a heck of a time attemping to install mod_perl
>>>2 on a Solaris 8 (Ultra 10) workstation.
>>

>>You are running the tests as root and it seems to be causing a few
>>simple permission problems (Can't exec "/backup/apache/bin/httpd":
>>Permission denied)
>

>>Feels to me like /backup/apache/bin/httpd isn't 0755.
>

> This was correct.
>

>>Double-check that and you can also try to build & test mod_perl as a
>>non-root user and "make install" as root as the last step if you want a
>>system-wide install.
>

> This worked!  Thanks a bunch!

We should still make it possible to 'make test' as root. Notice that it chowns
the files and dirs to whatever the user it's running under (in
Apache::TestRun::adjust_t_perms). If you can try again and see why do you get
the reports in t/logs/error_log that would be helpful to avoid future bug
reports like this.

Thanks.