perl-dev mailing list archives

From Josh Chamas <j...@chamas.com>
Subject Re: [mp2] Making Apache::ASP optimized for mod_perl 2
Date Wed, 07 May 2003 01:53:08 GMT
Stas Bekman wrote:

> May be in the spirit of ModPerl::MethodLookup, we call it
> ModPerl::MethodLoad? Internally it'll use ModPerl::MethodLookup.

I don't have an intuition about the naming conventions yet...
seems like this could go well as a Apache:: module or a ModPerl::Method one...
I like things have have a natural way of saying them like:

   use ModPerl::Methods qw(:mp1);

it just sounds like how you would say it.

> Also I'm thinking about adding a special module called
> ModPerl::ProductionTest, what it'll do is:
>
> $INC{'Apache/compat.pm'} = __FILE__;
> $INC{'ModPerl/MethodLoad.pm'} = __FILE__;

I like this idea.  It has to noop all other mass loading mechanisms,
both module loading, and the subs that might be called from those modules,
so that other modules can call those subs without erroring I guess
at module compile time. It might go into the same namespace as
ModPerl::Methods ( or whatever it ends up as ) too like

   use ModPerl::Methods qw(:mp1 :production);

Regards,

Josh