perl-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: resolving Apache::Test vs. Apache::test collision
Date Tue, 06 May 2003 02:34:59 GMT
David Wheeler wrote:
> On Monday, May 5, 2003, at 06:13  PM, Joe Schaefer wrote:
>
>> Seems like a workable compromise to me: if all we have to do is
>> s/Apache::Test/Test::Apache/ for libapreq-1.x, that seems easy
>> enough.
>

> You know, we might be able to eliminate this whole problem by having
> Apache::Test be compatible with Apache::test, and just using
> INSTALLVENDORARCH in Makefile.PL to replace Apache/test.pm, which on my
> system is in /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/darwin/Apache/test.pm.

I don't think this will be robust enough, since vendors tend to do things in
their own subtle ways. It's probably much better to explicitly search @INC,
rather than relying on INSTALLVENDORARCH.

p.s. the Apache/test.pm is quite big but should be ok if it's never be
modified, which I hope is the case...