perl-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: mod_include #perl support
Date Sun, 04 May 2003 22:57:56 GMT
Geoffrey Young wrote:
[...]
>> I think this is very important, since if you do that, one doesn't have
>> to learn a new thing (assuming that they already know filters) and
>> they can use the streaming API instead of manipulating bucket
>> brigades, which makes it much simpler to understand.
>

> I tried doing that but I just kept getting segfaults.  I'll try again,
> though.

You mean the streaming interface? I think that's because the setup is not
prepared for it. e.g. the IO buffer is not setup. So you probably need a
shrinked version of modperl_filter_new/run interface.

> the cool thing is that I now have working #perl sections as well as
> custom tag callbacks.  I'll try to put on the finishing touches over the
> next few weeks and make a preliminary release for folks to play with.

Yay!

>> And hey you don't even have to parse the args, just put them all in
>> one bucket and let the user do the parsing.
>

> yeah.  the problem is that I'm not sure how this all works in
> refcounting land, especially where interpreter pools come into play.
>
> anyway, I have something in mind - once that is working fine we can
> tweak things a bit.

Exactly, let the prefork version working and we can tweak the refcounting later.

> thanks for all your help so far :)

Not at all ;)