perl-dev mailing list archives

From Geoffrey Young <ge...@modperlcookbook.org>
Subject Re: mod_include #perl support
Date Sun, 04 May 2003 01:27:01 GMT

> Yes, but you did *not* call a subrequest, so it makes it like "cgi" and
> not "cmd". When you call a sub-request you get the previous data flushed.

that makes sense.  that also explains why I have to manually create a
flush bucket to parse more than one tag per document.

>>> If so why don't you take the data from the tag create a bucket
>>> brigade in the XS and pass it to the handler. In that case you will
>>> allow to really have a filter. See what I mean? Parse the data as you
>>> do now, but don't push it into args, instead create a new bb in C and
>>> pass *it* to the handler in $bb.
>>

>> hmm, yeah I can try that.
>

> I think this is very important, since if you do that, one doesn't have
> to learn a new thing (assuming that they already know filters) and they
> can use the streaming API instead of manipulating bucket brigades, which
> makes it much simpler to understand.

I tried doing that but I just kept getting segfaults.  I'll try again,
though.

the cool thing is that I now have working #perl sections as well as
custom tag callbacks.  I'll try to put on the finishing touches over
the next few weeks and make a preliminary release for folks to play with.

> And hey you don't even have to
> parse the args, just put them all in one bucket and let the user do the
> parsing.

yeah.  the problem is that I'm not sure how this all works in
refcounting land, especially where interpreter pools come into play.

anyway, I have something in mind - once that is working fine we can
tweak things a bit.

thanks for all your help so far :)

--Geoff