perl-dev mailing list archives

From Geoffrey Young <ge...@modperlcookbook.org>
Subject Re: mod_include #perl support
Date Fri, 02 May 2003 12:14:42 GMT

> Very cool, Geoff!
>
> You had a tiny problem, you haven't called
> SPLIT_AND_PASS_PRETAG_BUCKETS. The patch below makes things working.

you know, I didn't do that on purpose - mod_cgi only calls that with the
"cgi" option (where it relies on running the subrequest to calculate the
content) - the logic for the "cmd" option doesn't use it at all.  and I
actually did have that logic at one point, though.  I'll try it again.  hmph.

> Unrelated to the problem you have asked about, here are a few more inputs:
>
> - dunno why you were trying to pass "APR::Brigade", but as you can see
> in the patch, you have a typo. (I guess you were trying to make it look
> like a normal filter).

yeah, that was a typo - I actually changed the filter quite a bit from what
I had in order to make it minimal :)

> If so why don't you take the data from the tag
> create a bucket brigade in the XS and pass it to the handler. In that
> case you will allow to really have a filter. See what I mean? Parse the
> data as you do now, but don't push it into args, instead create a new bb
> in C and pass *it* to the handler in $bb.

hmm, yeah I can try that.

> - in tests you must check if the request has succeeded. we have some bug
> with -port select, and it was failing for me when I used it without any
> error indicating. To make things simple there is *_BODY_ASSERT shortcut.
> You can see it in the patch. It'll assert if the request has failed.

I'll look into that.  I tend to use GET over GET_BODY* methods becuase I
typically examine things other than content (like the headers).  what
exactly was failing for you?  this may be a larger, unrelateed issue :)

> please forgive me for rewriting all *t files, it's just so much easier
> to have only 2 lines that need to be modified on top and keeping the
> rest of the code indentical everywhere.
>
> Again, kudos for a good work.

well it's not good work yet, but thanks :)

--Geoff