perl-dev mailing list archives

From Batara Kesuma <bkes...@ml.gaijinweb.com>
Subject Re: mp2.0 - make test failed compat/apache_util.t
Date Tue, 27 May 2003 08:49:19 GMT
Hi Stas,

> glib uses LC_ env vars. This is from the bash manpage:
>
>         LANG   Used to determine the  locale  category  for  any
>         category  not
>                specifically selected with a variable starting with LC_.
>         LC_ALL This  variable  overrides  the  value  of LANG and any
>         other LC_
>                variable specifying a locale category.

Thank you for the information. Changing LC_ALL will change all LC_* except
LANG, and changing LANG will change LC_* _if_ LC_ALL is not set. If LC_ALL
is set, then chaning LANG will only affect LANG itself.

My locale looks like:
[root@shibuya-dv1 mod_perl-1.99_09]# locale
LANG=ja_JP.eucJP
LC_CTYPE="ja_JP.eucJP"
LC_NUMERIC="ja_JP.eucJP"
LC_TIME="ja_JP.eucJP"
LC_COLLATE="ja_JP.eucJP"
LC_MONETARY="ja_JP.eucJP"
LC_MESSAGES="ja_JP.eucJP"
LC_PAPER="ja_JP.eucJP"
LC_NAME="ja_JP.eucJP"
LC_ADDRESS="ja_JP.eucJP"
LC_TELEPHONE="ja_JP.eucJP"
LC_MEASUREMENT="ja_JP.eucJP"
LC_IDENTIFICATION="ja_JP.eucJP"
LC_ALL=

Without your apache_util.pm patch, make test will fail on apache_util
test. After I applied your apache_util.pm patch, then make test can pass
apache_util test. Thank you very much.

PS. I have sent the cgi.t error report too, please check it out if you
have time.