perl-dev mailing list archives

From "Philippe M. Chiasson" <go...@cpan.org>
Subject Re: [mp1 Patch] Looking for magic in Apache->request
Date Thu, 29 May 2003 03:34:07 GMT
On Thu, 2003-05-29 at 03:56, Geoffrey Young wrote:
> > The problem pointed out by Ken is that it would be nice to be able to
> > call
> >
> > Apache->request($hr);
> >
> > So that later call to Apache->request (by other modules) would
> > return the subclassed object.
>
> it would not only be nice, request() is documented to behave this way :)

Oh, missed the fact that it was even documented...

> > Well, the following patch does just that. Seems fine to me but I'd like
> > to get a few more eyeballs on this one.
>
> nice work philippe :)

No fuss.

> the only thing that concerns me here is the stability this may take away
> from the 1.0 tree for very little value - although stuff like Apache::Filter
> might benefit from this feature, I'm not sure that adding it now is worth
> it, since any interested modules are becoming deprecated in 2.0.

Well, I thought the same way, and being able to run make test
successfully for mp1 doesn't bring me the same level of safety as for
mp2.

> now, making this happen in 2.0... :)

Yes, that's on my todo list for sure, now that I've figured quite a few
way _not_ do to it proprely ;-)

> in any case, that's not a vote either way, just something to consider.

Well, my patch submission isn't a real vote either.

/me just processing STATUS as I go, letting the job of
including/rejecting patches to the dev@ community ;-)

--
Philippe M. Chiasson /gozer\@(cpan|ectoplasm)\.org/ 88C3A5A5 (122FF51B/C634E37B)