perl-dev mailing list archives

From "Philippe M. Chiasson" <go...@cpan.org>
Subject [mp1] Apache::Status override keys in menu_item() sub
Date Mon, 26 May 2003 07:40:28 GMT
In this old report
[http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=apache-modperl&m=101559176217056&w=2]
Enrico Sorcinelli notes the fact that it is possible to override the
built-in menus in Apache::Status  with the menu_item() API.

He believes this is a bad thing, and provided a patch that will disable
this with a warning.

I don't see a good reason why people shouldn't be able to do that. And
after all, even if you block it thru menu_item, there will still be ways
to achieve that.

I can't find a good reason why people would want to override the
built-in menus either. But I would prefer if the choice remained in the
users hands.

If nobody objects to this one, I'd consider the issue closed and remove
it from STATUS

--
Philippe M. Chiasson /gozer\@(cpan|ectoplasm)\.org/ 88C3A5A5 (122FF51B/C634E37B)