perl-dev mailing list archives

From "Philippe M. Chiasson" <go...@cpan.org>
Subject Re: rfc: Apache::DebugFilter
Date Mon, 19 May 2003 13:47:53 GMT
On Mon, 2003-05-19 at 13:22, Stas Bekman wrote:
> Philippe M. Chiasson wrote:

> >>I'm not sure if we want to put it in-core. Like most modules in the perl core,

> >>they have started as CPAN modules and were put into the core after they were

> >>polished.
> >>

> > I'd also lean that way. If it's not required by the core itself, but
> > could be usefull. Ship it on CPAN so the people that _might_ need it can
> > get it. Most users don't need Apache::DebugFilter.
>
> It will probably be useful beyond filters debug, as its base functions allow
> you to dump contents of buckets and brigades, which could be useful in
> response handlers, protocol handlers or when users create and manipulate their
> own brigades. So may be the name should be different, or split into several
> names. e.g. Apache::DebugFilter (for filters) and Apache::DebugBB (to debug
> bucket brigades).

Why not more simply: Apache::Debug::*, APR::Debug::* ?

I prefer Apache::Debug::Filter to Apache::DebugFilter or
Apache::FilterDebug

> > Later, just make Bundle::Apache::Debug or something for the mp hackers.
> >
> > Of course, like stas said, if such a thing becomes really usefull to a
> > large proportion of mp users, then possibly move it in the core.
Philippe M. Chiasson /gozer\@(cpan|ectoplasm)\.org/ 88C3A5A5 (122FF51B/C634E37B)
http://gozer.ectoplasm.org/    F9BF E0C2 480E 7680 1AE5 3631 CB32 A107 88C3 A5A5
Q: It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenious.
perl -e'$$=\${gozer};{$_=unpack(P7,pack(L,$$));/^JAm_pH\n$/&&print||$$++&&redo}'