perl-dev mailing list archives

From "Philippe M. Chiasson" <go...@cpan.org>
Subject Re: rfc: Apache::DebugFilter
Date Mon, 19 May 2003 02:37:46 GMT
On Mon, 2003-05-19 at 09:50, Stas Bekman wrote:
> Geoffrey Young wrote:
> >

> > Stas Bekman wrote:
> >
> >> At some point this should end up at CPAN. Comments on this module and
> >> requests for other filter debug handlers/functions are welcome.
> >>
> >> I've temporary added this code to t/conf/modperl_extra.pl as I find it
> >> quite useful to debug filter tests.
> >

> > anything that makes filters easier is a good thing :)
> >
> > mp1 has some of these helper (Debug, SizeLimit, etc) modules in core, so
> > you might want to consider keeping it in core instead of CPAN (unless
> > you want more control over when you release new versions :)
>
> I'm not sure if we want to put it in-core. Like most modules in the perl core,
> they have started as CPAN modules and were put into the core after they were
> polished.

I'd also lean that way. If it's not required by the core itself, but
could be usefull. Ship it on CPAN so the people that _might_ need it can
get it. Most users don't need Apache::DebugFilter.

Later, just make Bundle::Apache::Debug or something for the mp hackers.

Of course, like stas said, if such a thing becomes really usefull to a
large proportion of mp users, then possibly move it in the core.