perl-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: [patch] filter_init implementation
Date Thu, 17 Apr 2003 08:41:39 GMT
OK, I have completed the fully blown perl support and cleaned up the
implementation.

Now it should be pretty easy to add support for more than one init handler
(now only 1 is supported), as I've changed the modperl_handler_t struct to be
a chain of handlers. so if we get two FilterHasInitHandler() attrs for the
same filter we can add them twice to the cv's magic field and then later push
them all into the parent handler's chain. However for now I don't see a need
for this functionality. Let me know if you think we need it.

Also it should be pretty easy to add support for other attributes which accept
perl code as their arguments. This can be useful for other handlers.

At the end I've decided to use FilterInitHandler and FilterHasInitHandler
attribute names. Let's see if after using them for a bit it feels good. I
decided to keep the init concept, since pre without a noun doesn't sound good,
whereas init is OK. Moreover, we (mod_perl) *are* implementing an filter_init
and we run it for request and connection filters, for HTTP and any other
protocol, whereas Apache does that only for HTTP.

I've put some preliminary docs here (the url will autovivify within 6h):
http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/api/Apache/Filter.html

Please take a look and patch it if it reads unclear... Thanks.