perl-dev mailing list archives

From Geoffrey Young <>
Subject Re: [patch] optional exports from Apache::TestUtil
Date Sat, 12 Apr 2003 03:05:18 GMT

Stas Bekman wrote:
> Geoffrey Young wrote:
>> hi all...
>> I don't see why Apache::TestUtil exports so many functions by default,
>> yet it leaves out three that are just as helpful.
> Because there are private functions (think of these as _foo). Do you
> need them?

sure.  real life case - I want to write a test that uses a CGI script.
  write_perl_script() is the perfect function, since it can use it to
determine the appropriate shebang line, whether my CGI script (and
test) will be run on Unix or Win32.

and I didn't get the impression these three were private functions -
they're in the Apache::TestUtil manpage :)

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message