perl-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: rfc: top level 2.0 CPAN modules naming
Date Mon, 25 Nov 2002 21:14:34 GMT
Geoffrey Young wrote:

> Stas Bekman wrote:

>> I'm going to release a first 2.0 module on CPAN. I'm wondering about
>> the top level namespace naming.
>>

> I think I beat you to it :)

Grand! So shell it be called ModPerl2::Clean?

> http://search.cpan.org/author/GEOFF/Apache-Clean-2.00b/
>
> here's a quick overview:
>
> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=apache-modperl-dev&m=103462620822814&w=2
>
> BTW, if anyone has any insights into some questions I had about filters
> while implementing it, I'd be thankful...
>
> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=apache-modperl-dev&m=103539781700876&w=2

You are using a streaming filter? So nothing would happen after you
finish the write loop, because the EOS bucket will cause the connection
filters to be called which will trigger the HEADERs filter to send the
header, even though your filter still didn't return. You can debug it
easily with MyApache::FilterSnoop (which I plan to release on CPAN at
some point). You need to apply a patch that postpones the sent of EOS
till the filter returns. I guess I'll just go ahead and apply it. So
watch this space.