perl-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: modperl-2.0/t/conf extra.conf.in
Date Mon, 25 Nov 2002 01:59:38 GMT
Doug MacEachern wrote:
> On 24 Nov 2002 stas@apache.org wrote:
>

>>stas        2002/11/24 04:50:31
>>
>>  Modified:    t/conf   extra.conf.in
>>  Log:
>>  Test that <IfDefine !MODPERL2> works

>>  +    <IfDefine !MODPERL2>
>>  +        # This should not be touched, since we're running with mod_perl 2
>>  +        PerlModule Doesnt::Exist
>>  +    </IfDefine>
>

> hmm, does that really test anything?  i mean, how is this different from,
> say:
>
> <IfDefine !SOMETHING_NOT_DEFINED_BY_ANYTHING>
>
> ?

Yup, it tests the thing. If the server starts without defining MODPERL2
that section will be executed. Only if MODPERL2 is defined, this section
is not being run. Before you have patched the source to DTRT the server
was failing here.

> probably better to just put <IfDefine MODPERL2> around everything in
> extra.conf.in to make sure it is defined.

I think my patch is better, because if we do it the way you suggest,
certain configs will be silently skipped and then we will scratch for a
bit our heads why some tests are not working.