perl-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Rolsky <auta...@urth.org>
Subject Re: And some strangeness with dir_config
Date Sun, 19 May 2002 02:38:15 GMT
On Sat, 18 May 2002, Doug MacEachern wrote:

> Apache->request is deprecated.  its error-prone and hurts performance when
> using threaded MPMs, since it has to use thread local storage.
> CGI.pm can be changed not to use it.  why does mason use it when your
> handler is passed $r ?

Because we have some code that can be called either after the handler is
invoked _or_ when the server is loaded.  So we do:

  my $config = Apache->request ? Apache->request->dir_config : Apache->server->dir_config;

I can probably arrange to have $r make its way to that sub though.

> i can see why this is happening, the per-server and per-dir tables are not
> merged.  one thing that'll work in the meantime is $r->dir_config($key),
> which looks in the per-server table if the per-directory entry does not
> exist.

I could do that.  Right now we get all the entries first and then figure
out which ones belong to Mason, but that's probably not the best way to
handle it anyway.

-dave

www.urth.org
we await the New Sun