perl-dev mailing list archives

From Doug MacEachern <do...@covalent.net>
Subject Re: And some strangeness with dir_config
Date Sun, 19 May 2002 01:36:45 GMT
On Sat, 18 May 2002, Dave Rolsky wrote:

> ok, I just discovered this
>
> PerlOptions +GlobalRequest
>
> which fixes my previous problem, though it seems that maybe the default
> should be for this to be on, at least when Apache::compat is loaded, and
> maybe all the time since CGI.pm needs it.

Apache->request is deprecated.  its error-prone and hurts performance when
using threaded MPMs, since it has to use thread local storage.
CGI.pm can be changed not to use it.  why does mason use it when your
handler is passed $r ?

> For some reason, Apache->request->dir_config returns an empty table (no
> keys or values) even though Apache->server->dir_config has the revelant
> config info.

i can see why this is happening, the per-server and per-dir tables are not
merged.  one thing that'll work in the meantime is $r->dir_config($key),
which looks in the per-server table if the per-directory entry does not
exist.