perl-dev mailing list archives

From Doug MacEachern <do...@covalent.net>
Subject Re: Apache::Constants don't map 1:1 into Apache::Const
Date Fri, 17 May 2002 19:17:52 GMT
On Fri, 17 May 2002, Stas Bekman wrote:

> Currently we have a problem with Constants in 1.x and 2.x which don't
> map 1:1, since in 2.0 some constants are gone, some are renamed. See the
> report below.

REDIRECT and the like have been deprecated in apache for years, in favor
of the HTTP_* names.  there are a couple of shortcut names carried over in
the modperl2 api (see ModPerl/Code.pm:%shortcuts).  REDIRECT should
probably be part of that list.  however, we should not attempt to provide
a mapping for _all_ of the old deprecated names.  in this particular case,
the module can be changed from:

use Apache::Constants qw(:response REDIRECT);

use Apache::Constants qw(HTTP_MOVED_TEMPORARILY ...);

where '...' is the fully qualified name.
then it'll work with both 1.x and 2.x