perl-dev mailing list archives

From David Jacobs <djac...@cheetahmail.com>
Subject mod_perl benchmarking (was Re: documenting SetHandler perl-script|modperl)
Date Thu, 23 May 2002 14:41:48 GMT
I've had trouble benchmarking some of my mod_perl scripts on my desktop.
The http_load tool we usually use (all under RedHat) works fine with
static pages or CGI, but when I use it on mod_perl scripts I get a "byte
count wrong" error. This could be because of something unexpected in the
header, or perhaps mod_perl doesn't like to be benchmarked? It makes no
sense to me either :(

What tools do you all use to benchmark web page performace?

tia
David