perl-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject a few compat layer questions
Date Fri, 17 May 2002 18:10:23 GMT
I'm working on completing the compat.pod doc:
http://perl.apache.org/release/docs/2.0/user/compat/compat.html
and have a few questions:

---

err_header_out() is not available in 2.x. We sugest to use
err_headers_out() instead. but we don't have it in the compat layer.

Should we implement it in Apache::compat similar to header_out()?

---

$r->content() was dropped. should we provide some wrapper to be part
of 2.0 API, similar to the content() wrapper in Apache::compat?

also why was this method dropped? was it because now there are different
request bodies?

---

chdir_file() can be implemented the same way it was on 1.x, for
non-threaded mpms, no? So if we implement it with ifdef it won't be good
because then the user code won't work on the threaded mpm?