perl-dev mailing list archives

From Randy Kobes <ra...@theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca>
Subject Re: mod_perl 2.0 (current CVS) on Win32
Date Sun, 06 Jan 2002 22:55:40 GMT
On Sun, 6 Jan 2002, Sebastian Bergmann wrote:

> Randy Kobes wrote:
> > Great ... If you're trying next 'nmake test', you may find
>
>   Haven't tried 'nmake test' yet, but: Apache.exe crashes on shutdown
>   when mod_perl is loaded.

Yes, that happened before with an earlier modperl-1.3?; it was a
problem with Apache's service stuff. I'm not sure if this at all
related to that problem, but I've let them know about it ... Just
like before, this doesn't happen if Apache is started from the
command line ...

>   Reminds me: What changes do I have to make to httpd.conf, besides the
>   obvious
>
>     LoadModule perl_module modules/libmodperl.so

That's it as far as enabling modperl .. There's some
modperl-2 docs in the cvs that give a good background
on the design, implementation, etc. of modperl, and
in the examples/ directory there's a modperl "Hello World"
example.

One thing that's really neat in modperl-2.0 is the following:
if you don't want to put the modperl-2 files in the Perl
tree yet, you can include the "blib" subdirectory of the
modperl-2 sources via a directive

  PerlSwitches -Mblib=C:\sources\modperl-2.0

best regards,
randy