perl-dev mailing list archives

From Doug MacEachern <do...@covalent.net>
Subject Re: [patch] default request pool sub
Date Tue, 29 Jan 2002 16:10:50 GMT
On Tue, 29 Jan 2002, Stas Bekman wrote:

> I'm not sure if I've picked the best name, but I need this wrapper for
> compat. If I have it I don't need to prototype functions required to
> provide the pool argument as p=SOME_DEFAULT, but just p,
>
> So now in compat.pm we can write wrappers:
>
> my $req_pool = APR::Pool::from_current_request();
> APR::Foo::bar($req_pool, ...)

APR:: functions should not default any APR::Pool argument, only
Apache:: compat wrappers.  in which case the wrappers should just use
Apache->request->pool;  or if the function is really needed (like to
fallback on pconf if there is no Apache->request), it should be a
ModPerl::Util:: function.  nothing in APR::*.xs should reference modperl_
symbols, so they can be used outside of mod_perl.