perl-dev mailing list archives

From Doug MacEachern <do...@covalent.net>
Subject Re: Apache::Util::size_string issues
Date Tue, 29 Jan 2002 05:40:14 GMT
On Tue, 29 Jan 2002, Stas Bekman wrote:
> like this?

yeah, but i'm not sure it's worth it for such a small string.  in fact, i
think it is a loss, see comment in sv.c:
	/*
	 * Check to see if we can just swipe the string.  If so, it's a
	 * possible small lose on short strings, but a big win on long ones.
	 * It might even be a win on short strings if SvPVX(dstr)
	 * has to be allocated and SvPVX(sstr) has to be freed.
	 */

probably best to stick with your original.

> you mean, apr_strfsize, not apr_strftime

yup.

> OK, will ask.

might be worth checking what mod_autoindex outputs for a file of size
greater than what apr_off_t can hold too.

> what about this:
>
> >>Also apr_strfsize is in the APR::Strings module in the map file. Should
> >>we have APR::Strings::strfsize instead of Apache__Util_size_string.

that is probably the right place.  but Apache::String::format_size has a
better ring to it.  either that or just group it with APR::Util (as
APR::Util::strfsize), where the current APR::Lib functions are supposed to
move to.