perl-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject an interface for apr_array_header
Date Tue, 29 Jan 2002 04:55:13 GMT
I was looking at adding the Perl API for apr_array_header_t, per
todo/api.txt entry.

Is there any use for this functionality in Perl? apr_array_* functions
provide no interface for manipulating a single array, but mainly
functions for merging, copying arrays. It also requires the size of the
element storage ala sizeof(type), which I'm not sure how can be
applicable with Perl for things which cannot be retrieved via Config.pm,
e.g.: $Config{intsize}.

I guess we could provided a tied interface and essentially implement all
the TIE methods from scratch (see we have none to use), but once it's
done a user will need to provide some way to convert Perl data to C
datatype and back.

Do we really want this? I don't see any gain from using this APR's
internal API.