perl-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject modperl fails to load non-default handlers at run time with worker mpm/bleadperl
Date Thu, 17 Jan 2002 17:41:24 GMT
I'm trying the test suite with worker mpm, it works perfectly with
5.6.1, but with bleadperl it doesn't work. This and the another
following email supply the details of the debug I've done so far.

So the first problem is this:

The modperl_mgv_resolve doesn't resolve the handlers from the httpd.conf
at the startup stage, but postpones this till the first request (because
AUTOLOAD flag is not in set), so we see a trace like this:

modperl_mgv_resolve: `handler' not found in class
`TestHooks::fixup::response'
modperl_mgv_resolve: `handler' not found in class `TestHooks::headerparser'
modperl_mgv_resolve: `handler' not found in class
`TestHooks::headerparser::response'

When modperl_mgv_resolve tries to resolve the handler at run time, it
works for all handlers whose sub name is 'handler', if the used sub name
is a non-default, tries to load the package by the handler's name and
fails which is OK, but under bleadperl/worker this failure is fatal.

So for example the server won't start because it tries to load:
TestHooks::init::first as TestHooks/init/first.pm and gets a fatal error:

[Fri Jan 18 01:36:19 2002] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] Can't locate
TestHooks/init/first.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /home/stas......

Now I've tried to debug this problem, but I cannot figure out how to
attach to the thread :( Any hints how to work with gdb and the worker
mpm? The moment the threads are started the main thread gets:

Program received signal SIG32, Real-time event 32.
0x402b0bb2 in ?? () from /lib/libc.so.6

and then if I try to attach to the thread the whole server goes down,
without any traces. I start the server from gdb as:

run -DONE_PROCESS -d /home/stas/apache.org/modperl-2.0/t -f
/home/stas/apache.org/modperl-2.0/t/conf/httpd.conf -DAPACHE2
-DPERL_USEITHREADS

so of course I'd love to finish debugging this problem by myself, but I
need help to get to the thread at the very beginning of it so I can step
through it.

Thanks!